Below is a collection of research articles on chiropractic treatment, nutrition and general health.
- Patient Evaluations of Low Back Pain Care from Family Physicians and Chiropractors. West J Med 1989 March150:351-355. MacCornack et al.
- Does altered biomechanics cause marrow edema? M E Schweitzer and L M White. Radiology March 1996 Volume 198, Issue 3.
- Pending Spondylolysis and/or Spondylolisthesis: What's It All Mean? Dr. Terry R. Yochum, D.C., D.A.C.B.R., Fellow, A.C.C.R., and Alicia M. Yochum, D.C., R.N. The American Chiropractor February 2013 p. 14.
- Omega-3 fatty acids in health and disease and in growth and development. American Journal of Clinical Nutrition 1991. Artemis P Simopoulos.
- The Role of Vitamin D in Cancer Prevention. American Journal of Public Health February 2006, Vol 96, No. 2 Garland et al.
- Dietary Omega-3 Fatty Acid Deficiency and High Fructose Intake in the Development of Metabolic Syndrome, Brain Metabolic Abnormalities, and Non-Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease Nutrients 2013, 5, 2901-2923. Artemis P. Simopoulos
- Origins and evolution of the Western diet: health implications for the 21st century. Am J Clin Nutr 2005; 81:341 to 354 Cordain et al.
- Intermittent fasting dissociates beneficial effects of dietary restriction on glucose metabolism and neuronal resistance to injury from calorie intake. Laboratory of Neurosciences, Gerontology Research Center, National Institute on Aging, 5600 Nathan Shock Drive, Baltimore, MD 21224 Anson et al.
- Dietary Patterns and Longevity: Expanding the Blue Zones. Circulation. 2008; 118:214-215 Lawrence J. Appel
- Fish Consumption, Fish Oil, Omega-3 Fatty Acids, and Cardiovascular Disease. Circulation. 2002; 106: 2747-2757. Kris-Etherton et al.
- A review of fatty acid profiles and antioxidant content in grass-fed and grain-fed beef. Nutrition Journal 2010, 9:10 Daley et al.
- Vitamin D and Breast Cancer Risk: The NHANES I Epidemiologic Follow-up Study, 1971 & 1975 to 1992. Cancer Epidemiology, Biomarkers & Prevention Vol. 8, 399 to 406, May 1999 John et al.
- Biochemical rationale and myocardial tissue data on the effective therapy of cardiomyopathy with coenzyme Q10. PNAS February 1, 1985 vol. 82 no. 3 901-904. Folkers et al.
- Low back pain of mechanical origin: randomized comparison of chiropractic and hospital outpatient treatment. BMJ. Jun 2, 1990; 300(6737): 1431 to 1437. T W Meade et al.
- The Results of Radial Shockwave Therapy. Canadian Chiropractor Magazine. Dr. Robert Gordon, MD, FRCS(C)
- Acetaminophen-Induced Acute Liver Failure: Results of a United States Multicenter, Prospective Study. Hepatology Vol 42 No 6 2005 Larson et al.
- Salivary pH as a Marker of Plasma Adiponectin Concentrations in Women. Tremblay et al. Diabetology & Metabolic Syndrome 2012, 4:4.